By Chad Meister
Does God exist? What approximately evil and discomfort? How does religion relate to technology? Is there lifestyles after demise? those questions fascinate each person and lie on the center of philosophy of faith. Chad Meister bargains an up to date creation to the sector, focussing not just on conventional debates but in addition on modern strategies akin to the clever writer. Key themes, corresponding to divine truth and the self and non secular adventure, are mentioned when it comes to varied faiths.
Introducing Philosophy of Religion:
• offers a lucid review of up to date philosophy of religion
• introduces the main figures within the historical past of philosophy of faith
• explores the influence of spiritual range and pluralism
• examines the most arguments for and opposed to the life of God and the character of the divine
• looks at technology and problems with religion and cause
• explores how different religions method the idea that of existence after loss of life.
The wealth of textbook positive aspects, together with tables of crucial info, questions for mirrored image, summaries, word list and proposals for additional examining make the e-book excellent for scholar use. in addition to its accompanying Reader, this is often the ideal introductory package deal for undergraduate philosophy of faith courses.
Visit the book's spouse web site at www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415403276. positive factors include:
- an interactive glossary
- a timeline
- powerpoint slides on all of the chapters
- chapter outlines
- lists of ambitions for study.
Read or Download Introducing Philosophy of Religion PDF
Best religious philosophy books
Philosophical theology is aimed essentially at theoretical knowing of the character and attributes of God and of God's courting to the realm and its population. throughout the 20th century, a lot of the philosophical group (both within the Anglo-American analytic culture and in Continental circles) had grave doubts approximately our skill to achieve this type of realizing.
This beneficial source either offers and demonstrates the varied advancements in feminist criticsm of the Bible and the big rage of effect that feminist feedback has come to have in bible study. the aim of the ebook is to elevate problems with procedure which are principally glossed over or only implied in such a lot non-feminist works at the Bible.
Every body believes anything. yet how and why do humans think? What counts as proof? How a lot should be assumed or believed via religion by myself? in terms of spiritual religion, the questions turn into right now tougher and extra vital. Over the centuries, Christians have provided assorted techniques to explaining or protecting the Christian religion, a self-discipline referred to as apologetics.
Bernard Lonergan (1904–1984) used to be a Canadian Jesuit thinker, theologian, and humanist who taught in Montreal, Toronto, Rome, and Boston. His groundbreaking works perception: A examine of Human figuring out (1957) and strategy in Theology (1972) try and figure how wisdom is complicated within the typical sciences, the human experiences, the humanities, ethics, and theology.
- Questions on Love and Charity: Summa Theologiae, Secunda Secundae, Questions 23–46 (Rethinking the Western Tradition)
- Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reality: Testing Religious Truth-claims (Routledge New Critical Thinking in Religion, Theology and Biblical Studies)
- Anishinaabe Ways of Knowing and Being (Vitality of Indigenous Religions)
- Systemtheoretische Einführung in die Theologie (German Edition)
- The Routledge Handbook of Contemporary Philosophy of Religion (Routledge Handbooks in Philosophy)
- On Paul Ricoeur: The Owl of Minerva (Transcending Boundaries in Philosophy and Theology)
Extra resources for Introducing Philosophy of Religion
Introducing Philosophy of Religion by Chad Meister