By James Jennings,Julia S. Jordan-Zachery,June Manning Thomas,James DeFilippis,Robert Fisher,Kim Geron,Michael Liu,David McBride,Don Mitchell,Tony Roshan Samara,Eric Shragge,Robert W. Smith
Read or Download Urban Spaces: Planning and Struggles for Land and Community PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
The customary photograph of l. a. as a city outfitted for the car is crumbling. site visitors, pollution, and sprawl prompted voters to aid city rail in its place to forcing, and town has began to reinvent itself through constructing compact neighborhoods adjoining to transit. because of strain from neighborhood leaders, relatively with the election of Tom Bradley as mayor in 1973, the l. a. Metro Rail progressively took form within the consummate automobile urban.
The GDF and GCF are elements invented and designed through German Architect and Developer Florian Betzler. They show the chances to chill the microclimates of sizzling towns and permit estates functionality as cooling devices inside an overheated weather for any urban, ranging from a small scale and finishing with megacities.
In response to well known media and scholarship, Detroit, the once-vibrant urban that crumbled with the departure of the automobile undefined, is the place goals will be reborn. it's a position that, like the United States itself, is gritty and decided. It has confronted the worst type of adversity, and supposedly now it’s again. yet what does this narrative of “new Detroit” pass over?
Concentrating on Cardiff, the capital urban of Wales within the united kingdom, this booklet displays on a modern small eu urban – its improvement, features, and current struggles. Following a century in which it used to be dubbed the world’s ‘coaltropolis’, the decline famous for coal intended that Cardiff persisted an acute strategy of de-industrialisation.
- Managing Geo-Based Challenges: World-Wide Case Studies and Sustainable Local Solutions (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- New Urbanism: Life, Work, and Space in the New Downtown (Design and the Built Environment)
- Klimawandel und Küste: Die Zukunft der Unterweserregion (Umweltnatur- & Umweltsozialwissenschaften) (German Edition)
- The New Triple Constraints for Sustainable Projects, Programs, and Portfolios
- Dragons in Diamond Village: Tales of Resistance from Urbanizing China
- Floods in a Megacity: Geospatial Techniques in Assessing Hazards, Risk and Vulnerability (Springer Geography)
Extra resources for Urban Spaces: Planning and Struggles for Land and Community
Urban Spaces: Planning and Struggles for Land and Community by James Jennings,Julia S. Jordan-Zachery,June Manning Thomas,James DeFilippis,Robert Fisher,Kim Geron,Michael Liu,David McBride,Don Mitchell,Tony Roshan Samara,Eric Shragge,Robert W. Smith