By Chris M. Wood,Trevor J. Shuttleworth
- Comprehensive replace of ionic rules in fish
- Focuses on wide array of organ structures and the impact of ions on organ procedure function
- Contributions from a world group
Read or Download Cellular and Molecular Approaches to Fish Ionic Regulation: 14 (Fish Physiology) PDF
Similar marine biology books
Advances in Marine Biology has been offering in-depth and updated reports on all elements of marine biology considering that 1963 -- over forty five years of exceptional insurance! The sequence is famous for either its excellence of stories and enhancing. Now edited through Michael Lesser, with an the world over well known Editorial Board, the serial publishes in-depth and up-to-date content on a variety of topics that will entice postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries technological know-how, ecology, zoology, and organic oceanography.
This ebook makes a speciality of newest info at the biology and ecology of the 3 bluefin tuna species: the Pacific (Thunnus orientalis), Atlantic (T. thynnus), and southern bluefin tuna (T. maccoyii). within the publication, the phylogeny and simple ecological info akin to adolescence heritage, age and development, and nutrition behavior are lined.
Mullets (grey mullets) are a relatives (Mugilidae) and order of ray-finned fish present in temperate and tropical waters around the world. There are nearly eighty species of mullet; those fish were thought of a big meals resource in Mediterranean Europe for the reason that Roman instances. This ebook offers a protracted late replace at the biology and ecology of mullets and lines complete assurance of the major beneficial properties of the Mugilidae relatives, similar to contemporary DNA proof and morphological information that problem the normal taxonomy.
Addressing the varied gaps in present details, objective Organ Toxicology in Marine and Freshwater Teleosts is a necessary source for researchers and execs in aquatic toxicology and environmental probability evaluate. all of the chapters are written by means of researchers who're across the world acknowledged for his or her paintings in mechanistic points of aquatic toxicology.
- Leeches, Lice and Lampreys: A Natural History of Skin and Gill Parasites of Fishes
- Marine Biology (Botany, Zoology, Ecology and Evolution)
- Coastal and Estuarine Risk Assessment (Environmental and Ecological Risk Assessment)
- Eutrophication and Oligotrophication in Japanese Estuaries: The present status and future tasks (Estuaries of the World)
- Fisheries Biology, Assessment and Management
Additional resources for Cellular and Molecular Approaches to Fish Ionic Regulation: 14 (Fish Physiology)
Cellular and Molecular Approaches to Fish Ionic Regulation: 14 (Fish Physiology) by Chris M. Wood,Trevor J. Shuttleworth