By David Black
In David Black’s Canyoneering: A advisor to ideas for rainy and Dry Canyons, readers study the dangers and hazards of canyoneering, the abilities required to realize mastery of canyoneering kind and process, and straightforward, potent how one can negotiate dangerous terrain. This accomplished up-to-date, thorough, and to-the-point consultant will offer simply understood descriptions of abilities utilized by modern canyoneers and advertise uncomplicated options for fixing complicated difficulties. the aim of this booklet is to equip canyoneers in any respect degrees with the technical talents they should get pleasure from a fresh canyoneering adventure and steer clear of harmful blunders. This full-color ebook is the single consultant recommended through the yankee Canyoneering Association.
Includes info on:
- The correct technique to follow mountain climbing, caving, and whitewater talents to technical canyoneering
- An clarification of technical canyon ratings
- Simple, powerful how you can negotiate dangerous terrain
- Twelve vintage canyons in North the United States and their ratings
- ACA-certified teachers, courses, and consultant service
Read or Download Canyoneering: A Guide to Techniques for Wet and Dry Canyons (How To Climb Series) PDF
Best hiking & camping books
There is a re-creation of this booklet with an up-to-date identify! we have re-released it as "The Survival workforce guide: tips to Plan, set up and Lead humans for a quick or long-term Survival Situation", to be had right here: www. bit. ly/SGhandbook"MAGS is a consultant designed to stroll you thru the entire steps required to soundly and securely locate folks similar to you who detect that going it by myself in a gloomy global isn't an alternative.
Trying to find the suitable spot to pitch your tent or park your RV? enable camping out Utah, 2d take you there. This absolutely up-to-date and revised entire guidebook provides distinctive descriptions of greater than three hundred public campgrounds all through Utah. those are campsites controlled through nationwide, kingdom, urban, and county parks; the USDA woodland carrier; the Bureau of Land administration; tribal firms; and a number of other deepest businesses.
This guidebook is a finished, pocket-sized consultant to jogging the pilgrimage routes via northern Spain to the sacred urban of Santiago de Compostela. The Camino del Norte is an 817km five-week coastal path from town of Irún, just about the French border. Its choices are the Camino Primitivo (which splits from the Norte close to Oviedo for the subsequent 355km) and the Camino Inglés (a five-day 116km direction from the town of Ferrol at the north-west coast).
This guidebook covers forty family-friend hikes inside a hundred miles or approximately 1 hour from the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill components. colourful and entire of simple and average hikes, it’s excellent for households and amateur hikers. specific hike descriptions, at-a-glance specifications, and GPS coordinates for each trailhead make this a go-to consultant for the realm.
- Trekking in the Alps (Mountain Walking)
- The Robert Louis Stevenson Trail: The GR70 from Le Puy to St-Jean-du-Gard (Cicerone Guides)
- NOLS Wilderness Ethics: Valuing and Managing Wild Places (NOLS Library)
- 50 Hikes in Alaska's Chugach State Park (100 Hikes In...)
- Hiking Grand Staircase-Escalante & the Glen Canyon Region: A Guide to 59 of the Best Hiking Adventures in Southern Utah (Regional Hiking Series)
- Hiking the Gulf Coast: A Guide to the Area's Greatest Hiking Adventures (Regional Hiking Series)
Extra resources for Canyoneering: A Guide to Techniques for Wet and Dry Canyons (How To Climb Series)
Canyoneering: A Guide to Techniques for Wet and Dry Canyons (How To Climb Series) by David Black