By Jan Robert Factor
- First finished booklet at the American lobster considering the fact that Herrick's century-old monograph
- Provides the most important historical past for neurobiologists who use this crustacean as a version organism
- Contains a accomplished therapy of the lobster fishery and its management
Read Online or Download Biology of the Lobster: Homarus Americanus PDF
Similar marine biology books
Advances in Marine Biology has been delivering in-depth and updated stories on all elements of marine biology when you consider that 1963 -- over forty five years of remarkable insurance! The sequence is famous for either its excellence of experiences and modifying. Now edited by means of Michael Lesser, with an across the world well known Editorial Board, the serial publishes in-depth and up-to-date content on a variety of topics that will attract postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries technology, ecology, zoology, and organic oceanography.
This ebook makes a speciality of most modern info at the biology and ecology of the 3 bluefin tuna species: the Pacific (Thunnus orientalis), Atlantic (T. thynnus), and southern bluefin tuna (T. maccoyii). within the e-book, the phylogeny and uncomplicated ecological info resembling formative years historical past, age and development, and nutrients conduct are lined.
Mullets (grey mullets) are a relations (Mugilidae) and order of ray-finned fish present in temperate and tropical waters around the globe. There are nearly eighty species of mullet; those fish were thought of a major meals resource in Mediterranean Europe considering Roman occasions. This booklet offers an extended late replace at the biology and ecology of mullets and contours entire insurance of the foremost gains of the Mugilidae kin, similar to contemporary DNA facts and morphological info that problem the normal taxonomy.
Addressing the various gaps in present info, objective Organ Toxicology in Marine and Freshwater Teleosts is an important source for researchers and pros in aquatic toxicology and environmental probability review. the entire chapters are written by way of researchers who're across the world regarded for his or her paintings in mechanistic features of aquatic toxicology.
- Biological Sampling in the Deep Sea
- The Origins of Larvae
- Routledge Handbook of National and Regional Ocean Policies
- Molecular Systematics of Fishes
- Oceanography and Marine Biology Vol.40: An Annual Review (Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review)
Extra resources for Biology of the Lobster: Homarus Americanus
Biology of the Lobster: Homarus Americanus by Jan Robert Factor