By Swami Rama
Read or Download At the Feet of a Himalayan Master: Remembering Swami Rama Volume 2 PDF
Best religious philosophy books
Philosophical theology is aimed essentially at theoretical figuring out of the character and attributes of God and of God's courting to the realm and its population. in the course of the 20th century, a lot of the philosophical group (both within the Anglo-American analytic culture and in Continental circles) had grave doubts approximately our skill to realize this kind of knowing.
This necessary source either offers and demonstrates the various advancements in feminist criticsm of the Bible and the big rage of effect that feminist feedback has come to have in religious study. the aim of the ebook is to elevate problems with approach which are mostly glossed over or in simple terms implied in so much non-feminist works at the Bible.
All people believes whatever. yet how and why do humans think? What counts as proof? How a lot may be assumed or believed through religion by myself? by way of spiritual religion, the questions turn into instantly tougher and extra vital. Over the centuries, Christians have provided various techniques to explaining or protecting the Christian religion, a self-discipline referred to as apologetics.
Bernard Lonergan (1904–1984) was once a Canadian Jesuit thinker, theologian, and humanist who taught in Montreal, Toronto, Rome, and Boston. His groundbreaking works perception: A learn of Human knowing (1957) and strategy in Theology (1972) try to parent how wisdom is complex within the usual sciences, the human stories, the humanities, ethics, and theology.
- Subjectivity, Objectivity, and Intersubjectivity: A New Paradigm for Religion and Science
- Evidence and Faith: Philosophy and Religion since the Seventeenth Century (The Evolution of Modern Philosophy)
- Meaning and Mystery: What It Means To Believe in God
- Eschatological Presence in Karl Barth's Gottingen Theology
- Idolatry and Representation: The Philosophy of Franz Rosenzweig Reconsidered
- Narrative Identity, Autonomy, and Mortality: From Frankfurt and MacIntyre to Kierkegaard (Routledge Studies in Contemporary Philosophy)
Additional info for At the Feet of a Himalayan Master: Remembering Swami Rama Volume 2
At the Feet of a Himalayan Master: Remembering Swami Rama Volume 2 by Swami Rama