By Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby
A concentrate on Fractions is a groundbreaking attempt to make the math schooling study on how scholars improve their realizing of fraction techniques comfortably obtainable and comprehensible to pre- and in-service ok– eight arithmetic educators. utilizing vast annotated samples of scholar paintings, in addition to vignettes attribute of lecture room academics’ stories, this publication equips educators with the information and instruments to reveal students’ pondering so one can regulate their instructing and increase scholar studying of fraction recommendations. A specialize in Fractions 2d edition comprises sections at the universal middle kingdom criteria for arithmetic and the Ongoing evaluation undertaking (OGAP) Fraction Framework built-in into each one bankruptcy as good as a brand new bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression and the way it may be used for formative evaluation reasons. This up-to-date variation assists lecturers in translating examine findings into their lecture room perform through conveying exact information regarding how scholars improve fraction understandings. extra photographs and examples serve to flesh out and complement the newly-introduced suggestions during this up-to-date and elevated version.
- Looking again Questions at the top of every bankruptcy offer lecturers the chance to investigate scholar pondering and view tutorial innovations for his or her personal students.
- Instructional Links aid lecturers relate thoughts from the bankruptcy to their very own instructions and courses.
- Big Ideas body the chapters and supply a platform for significant exploration of the educating of fractions.
- Answer Key published on-line bargains large motives of in-chapter questions.
- New sections dedicated to the CCSSM and OGAP Fraction Progression are woven in the course of the booklet in addition to a brand new stand on my own bankruptcy at the OGAP Fraction Progression.
- The OGAP Fraction Framework is an all-new eResource, now on hand as a loose obtain from the book’s site: www.routledge.com/9781138816442.
Read or Download A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) PDF
Best primary education books
Los angeles familia es lo mas importante para el hombre. Los niños lo saben y asi lo manifiestan en este libro. Con l. a. ayuda y guianza de su maestro ellos expresan el valor y el amor que le tienen a sus familias. Lo mas importante para todo ser humano.
Considering the fact that 1989 preliminary instructor education classes in England and Wales have integrated instructor guidance for taking a lead in a faculty topic region of their first appointment. there's no longer a spot for a instructor newly certified or now not in basic colleges whose sole accountability is for their personal classification.
Shortlisted for the UKLA educational booklet Award 2013! Literacy empowers studying around the entire curriculum and language is on the centre of all studying in basic schooling. conscious of present curriculum advancements and drawing from the most recent study instructing fundamental English encourages instructor schooling scholars to increase a deeper figuring out of the fundamental concerns considering instructing English that allows you to process a occupation within the fundamental school room with the boldness and data required to prevail.
This publication files a collaborative motion examine undertaking in a single institution the place researchers and practitioners labored jointly to advance multimodal literacies and pedagogies for varied, multilingual effortless study rooms. Following chronologically from Lotherington’s Pedagogy of Multiliteracies (2011), this quantity alternatives up after lecturers and researchers have realized easy methods to paintings successfully as a studying group to supply project-based studying techniques.
- Time to Talk: What You Need to Know About Your Child's Speech and Language Development
- Building Skills for Effective Primary Teaching
- Differentiating Math Instruction, K-8: Common Core Mathematics in the 21st Century Classroom: Volume 3
- Launching Learners in Science, PreK?5: How to Design Standards-Based Experiences and Engage Students in Classroom Conversations
- Pflanzenerzählungen: 20 Geschichten von (Er-) Lösungen mit spagyrischen Essenzen (German Edition)
Additional info for A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
A Focus on Fractions: Bringing Research to the Classroom (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series) by Marjorie M. Petit,Robert E. Laird,Edwin L. Marsden,Caroline B. Ebby